I’ve been selected to receive two very prestigious (or silly…your call) blog awards! Thanks to the lovely Mirka Breen for choosing me. First up:
For this one, I have the pleasure of naming five of my favorite books by writers I have met or know from the interweb. These are all authors I’ve met in person at my favorite conference, the SCBWI Eastern PA Poconos conference.
- When A Dragon Moves In by Jodi Moore
- Olivia Bean, Trivia Queen by Donna Gephart
- Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
- May the Best Dog Win by Kelly Hashway
- Touching the Surface by Kimberly Sabatini (okay, I haven’t read this whole book yet and it doesn’t release until October, but I love Kim and know it’s going to be fantastic)
Next award up is:
For this, I have to name five things I like and five I don’t.
- American cheese (not only are you unAmerican if you don’t like this cheese, but I suspect your taste buds might be dead too)
- Cream cheese (preferably on a sesame seed bagel, but it’s also good with toast and jelly)
- Cheddar cheese (on crackers, in tacos, in little cubes by the handful…it’s all good)
- Mozzarella cheese (pizza…’nuf said)
- Ricotta cheese (but only in a cannoli, otherwise this cheese belongs in the next list)
- When TV shows actually show people vomiting…why do they do that?
- Bicyclists who want to be respected on the road but refuse to follow the rules of the road
- The phrase “it is what it is”
- Books where nothing happens
- When you’re passing by someone and you smile at them, but they don’t smile back, even though they clearly saw you
Okay, now it’s my job to pass these awards along to five other bloggers. Except I don’t want to give them to peeps who don’t like doing these types of things, so I’ll bestow the awards on the first five commenters who say they would like to be awarded.